Orioles have signed outfielder Francisco Peguero

Justinlstn

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank god. Now we can all rest and put our concerns about improving the team aside.

I usually like your posts, and you're far from the only one to respond with sarcasm to moves like this, but I find this attitude annoying. Minor moves for depth are going to happen every offseason. Someone has to play CF in Norfolk, after all. I don't see much upside in Peguero - there were probably more interesting depth guys - but he has a reasonable MiLB OBP at least.

I don't like the Johnson trade and think a total unwillingness to spend money that is clearly available is shameful. But this thread is not the place for such frustrations - we've got about 6 going that are.

This makes some sense as strictly a depth signing. We have very few hitting prospects, especially in the high minor leagues. In fact, our Norfolk outfield could well consist entirely of guys we've picked up so far (Chiang, Kang, Bermudez, and Peguero). I suppose Dariel Alvarez could be there too, but I see him starting at Bowie.

It's a shame that we haven't been able to develop a home-grown outfielder in such a long while. We had just one drafted outfielder (Josh Hart at #22) make the OH Top-30 list...ouch.

I usually like your posts, and you're far from the only one to respond with sarcasm to moves like this, but I find this attitude annoying. Minor moves for depth are going to happen every offseason. Someone has to play CF in Norfolk, after all. I don't see much upside in Peguero - there were probably more interesting depth guys - but he has a reasonable MiLB OBP at least.

I don't like the Johnson trade and think a total unwillingness to spend money that is clearly available is shameful. But this thread is not the place for such frustrations - we've got about 6 going that are.

Yeah, I know. Just joining in the boo parade for awhile.

Archived